Let me start by introducing myself: my name is Andrey, I am a software engineer with an interest in machine learning. I plan to blog mostly about how software engineering and machine learning co-exist together, while occasionally taking a detour into pure programming and perhaps other topics.
Some facts about me¶
- I work on real-time credit risk assessment and fraud detection systems at Klarna.
- There's usually an online course or two I am taking, could in SWE, ML or related areas.
- Born and raised in St. Petersburg, Russia, I now live in Stockholm, Sweden with my lovely wife Elvira.
- I am not necessarily an expert in many things I will blog about, rather a learner hoping to get better by writing.
There's a full-blown narcissistic article about me
It would be unfair not to mention some of the technologies used to create this site.
- It is a static website with open source code.
- Pelican is used for generating HTML from Markdown.
- AWS S3-backed CloudFront infrastructure is defined as code using CloudFormation.
- Makefile is used to automate testing and deployment tasks. I plan of course to have a continuous deployment pipeline, but for an MVP with an estimated audience of one person including the author, perhaps that would be an overkill.
- It features an ascetic visual design inspired by the motherfuckingwebsite.com.
Thanks and hope you will find the content useful! Do submit feedback in case you find space for improvement.